No matter how much we see or hear about it, the stuff from The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is only managing to impress us more and more.
We did a roundup to gather a bunch of all new facts (some from the latest edition of the OXM magazine) that will get you even more excited and make it more painful to wait for November to come. Yes, we don’t want to be the only ones suffering. *evil*
Here you go.
- Skyrim has a very improved AI system. For example, if you are fighting 3 bandits, killing 2 of them might scare the last one making him flee.
- Necromancers will be able to resurrect any terrestrial animal including chickens. You can also harvest their eggs.
- Necromancers will also be able to summon a “Khajit Warrior.” It is unclear at the moment if it is conjured or resurrected.
- Leveling up gives you 10 extra points that you can either add to health, magicka or stamina.
- Stolen horses will not be loyal to you. You might wake up to find themselves running away from you. You would not want to be left without a horse in a such a massive world.
- Spriggans are capable of healing themselves and resurrect after dying.
- Bandits roll boulders on to you off bridges and mountains.
- Town Guards collect bounty for all your stolen horses at the city gates. If you don’t pay up, you know what is waiting for you.
- You can save the game anywhere. There are no checkpoints to save the game. Three different types of save options are available.
- Autosaves can be set to intervals (5, 10, 15 and etc) and will alternate the saves automatically between three slots. Sleeping and waiting also automatically saves the game.
- Children are a part of the game but you will not be able to attack them. (cruel)
- There is no hardcore mode for the game.
- Finishing moves happen randomly. They are not under the control of the player.
- Terrain is not destructible.
- Crafting enchanted armors and weapons is a possibility in the game. You can either do it yourself or buy it from shops. Doing it yourself is cheaper but there are good chances that the weapons you find will be better than those you can craft.
- You can equip weapons and magic in either of the hands. Shields, torches and bows can only be equipped in your left hand.
- There will be various difficulty settings in the game.
- Sub-titles are available for every dialog that has been recorded for the game.
- Button mapping is enabled.
- There is a perk in the game for one-handed weapons that will allow you to decapitate your enemy.
- The HUD’s opacity can be manually adjusted. It can be totally lowered to hide the compass, stat bars and more to give a total cinematic view.
- The persuasion skill system and method will be similar to that of in Fallout 3.
- Alchemy cannot be done on the move anymore. You will need to be a in a laboratory with equipment to perform your experiments.
- If you gather flowers from a plant, the flowers disappear from the plant. (no idea what that exactly means)
The game was previewed last week at the Tokyo Games Show and some videos crept out of the event. For the first time ever, we got our look at the character creation screen from the game. Take a look at it yourself. The amount of customization options available are just awesome. [Courtesy: GameTrailers.com]
The latest edition of the OXM also has about 12 new screenshots from the game which are absolutely stunning. In order to take a look at them, do buy a copy of the magazine.
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim will be out for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on November 11, 2011.